Monday 23 July 2012

About the blog

Wherever I go on the internet, I read forums and blogs that purport to be about non-fiction books, but they are either very specific or they seem to be more about fiction books than non-fiction. On Goodreads.com, I joined various groups like 'Around the World in 80 Books' thinking I'd found the perfect group for me, only to find that most of the books people were discussing were novels. And yet, the bestseller lists are full of non-fiction books, so lots of people must be reading them.

To put this right, I decided to create this blog. I invariably review the books I read anyway, and love finding new books and writers, and sharing the books I love with others. Inevitably, the books on here will tend to follow my interests, which at the moment are travel books, history books, popular science and a few other bits and pieces. I'll talk more about what sort of books I like in time, but that's the essence for it. I do like variety as much as anything though, so there will probably be all sorts of other books thrown in too, but barring the rare exception it's be non-fiction. Often beautifully written, rollicking page turners and wonderful stories though, because I think some of the best stories to be told are what has actually happened (or could happen in the case of some forward looking books), far more imaginative than the best a novelists imagination could conjure up. I hope you find something to enjoy and be fascinated by on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment